Monday, January 29, 2007

Weaving


I've been spending a lot of time away from the house working and socializeing, so today I decided to stay home and have a weaving day. I have so many things I want to get finished as well as lots of loose ends I need to tie up, figuratively and litterally. I took the early afternoon to sing along to some tunes (my space mix, Bowie, Joanna newsom) and document some of the things I've been making and dyeing. I took the Ice River Scarf off the loom yesterday.

Ice River Scarf:
This was woven by hand on a four harness Jack loom. The warp is scottish tweeds with a supplementary warp in icey and watery blues. The weft is a delicate cotton and linnen slub. The weave is open and airy with a subtle waves due to the varying thickness of the weft. I am happy with the results so far and once I ply the ends it will be ready to go. (This may end up being for my friend Danes, but if not I will put it up for sale on my website, which is currently in the works. I will post an update whenever Dan and I finish putting that together. It may be a little bit though.)



Foliose Scarf:
This was crocheted with cream coloured wool and mohair, which my friend Dana Lumby dyed with acid dyes. It's curly and hyperbolic, very comfy and textural. I am definetly making some of these to sell as well. I will post some other photos of it being worn soon, so you can really see how neat and biological it looks.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home