Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Opening

I wish I had more photos from the opening. There were so many great pieces, but I was too busy having a good time to remember to document them all. The group show was great, I really enjoyed everyones work. I love the people I've met in my installation class, I hope that we stay in touch. Francesca from the Gallery Deluxe Gallery ask me to get in touch with her about the possibilty of doing a show. I'm feeling hopeful. Hurray for art!

Abby and I had fun chillin' in Margarets recycled tents. I had a picture of Nikolai in there too, but the photo didn't turn out so great. I think I'd had a few drinks by that point. She made two, one was recycled cardboard, and the other was plastics.

Speaking of Nikolai, I wish I had a clear photo of his work. It resembled a business letter in a frame and read "I propose an attempt to tape the walls of the ballroom together". Dan told me he thought it was "best in show". As per usual with his work, I am still thinking about it and looking at it from different angles.

I wish I had a shot of the works Chris, Scott, Abby and Jyelle installed too. Maybe I'll go back later in the week.

We also played with Sparklers (I couldn't resist bringing them)! Here's Abby and Jyelle drawing with light on Barrington street.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home