Friday, December 29, 2006

New Brunswick Power Trip

Interior/Exterior Landscape

I've had a whirlwind couple of days. I managed to weave half a scarf, make it to Moncton, bake a birthday cake from scratch, eat Christmas dinner, hang out with babies, buy and give Christmas presents, play Wii and drink wine, lounge in a hot tub in -14 degree weather, go for breakfast and still make in back in time for work today! I slept for one night (barely) in two days, with a little power napping here and there. I topped it all off with martini's after work (thanks Kathleen). It's now almost 2am and I'm finally thinking about sleeping. I rarely enjoy having so many things on the go, but every once and a while it's truly invigorating. I feel like I've had a short but welcome break.



At afterwork drinks tonight we talked about memories punctuated by lightning and of interactions with whales and dolphins. Erin recommended I check out an old imax movie called "The living sea". Part of the video contains footage of a closed and undisturbed ecosystem that functions much as it had millions of years ago. The area was once the ocean and had become cut off from the rest of the sea, so the creatures have not changed or interbred with their cousins in the ocean. She said there are jellyfish that float around what is now a salty lake have no stingers and they circle the perimeter with the seasons. (Check out the trailer, looks beautiful despite the celebrities.)

Petals of light:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home