Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Weavin'

Ikat

For this piece I used plastic ties as a resist. The wool was dyed twice, once with ultramarine, after which more ties were added and it was dyed a brownish plum. The weft is a thin tweed and with strips of handspun with fleecy "clouds". It was pleasantly storming as I wove this. The tail end of a snowstorm brought a crisp rain that pooled and covered our backyard in s sheet of ice. The resist pattern reminds me of downpours as well so I've started referring to this as my storm shawl.




Knotted Resist

I found out through dyeing these samples how much I love knotted cords! I am going to do something great with cords soon.


2 Comments:

Blogger little socks said...

beautiful dyeing and weaving! i am doing some weaving also, of necklaces and jewels. i love that all your spinning and weaving reminds you of clouds and water pools and other forms of precipitory action. did you have a happy birthday? i hope so.
love

7:58 PM  
Blogger little socks said...

ok! recieved mats and am ready to trade. which print would you like? or would you like me to select one for you?

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home