Sunday, November 19, 2006

Who are we anyway?


Tonight I have decided to stay up all night and finish writing "the letters" to my class. I keep feeling unsatisfied with what I've written, so I start again and peel off what feels like another layer of social film. Obviously I hadn't pushed it enough, so now I am trying to do just that, push this as far as it can go. The writting is broadening out and at the same time becoming more random and intuitive. I've begun to feel like I am speaking continuously in an empty room. Ironically, what is ultimately an attempt at connection has made me feel separation more acutely. So many unanswered questions. Everything is becoming a reflection of myself.
I am nervous of what people will construct from this experience. Relationships will be permanently altered based on what they "see" in these words.



Today: I made notes frantically, went to Tamaras wonderful jewelry sale, had coffee and breakfast sandwiches with Nick and Laura, crocheted hyperbolic forms, talked to Amanda on the phone, made homemade cocoa, drank wine, and read science magazines.I did manage to make it to the hardwear store today as well. I picked up some wood and other supplies, as a result my red suggestion boxes are drying out on the deck as I type this. So I should put those up tomorrow sometime, I'll post updates and locations as soon as it's on the go. I'm crossing my fingers they won't get stolen. I picked up some zipcords to attach them to things, but that won't really stop anyone from cutting them down. (I think I might put one on our apple tree, Lavanya.) It's definitely worth a shot.

Last night the Earth moved through the Leonids, debris from the comet Tempel-Tuttle. As a result there was a meteor "storm" predicted and it should have been visible from Nova Scotia near the constallation Leo. I went in search of shooting stars with a nalgene bottle full of rose, but alas it was way too cloudy. I bet I'll find some videos on you tube eventually.

Today Dan and I took pictures of beautiful messes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home