Friday, November 10, 2006

realities blending day

I started reading Sylvia Fraser's "The Green Labyrinth, exploring the mysteries of the Amazon" on the bus today. En Bref, so far is is a womans journey to try Ayahuasca, a powerful hallucinogenic drug used by shamans for further spiritual enlightenment and to find cures. It is the plants that share secrets with the shamans and inform them how and what to use in order to heal.
It is fascinating and I am right at the part where she is about to take Ayahuasca. Shes been interested in exploring just what is real, and the validity of her western view of reality. I can't wait to read about her trip, I expect it must have had life altering consequences.
The whole day today has been quite a mind bender, in Architecture and Craft class we discussed new architecture, robots, virtual Space, virtual Reality, second life and teledildonics. All that talk of the mind just led me thinking more about the body! Our mind is just one part, despite it's pivotal role. History has proven we don't give the sum of our parts enough credit.
I also walked through puddles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home