Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Already?

This week is flying by so quickly, it feels like sunday was yesterday! I've been felting away, making polyps (like jellyfish polyps) and other things. Everything is coming together at once, I was hopeing to get some wood or metal to make the suggestion boxes today, but it is pooring down rain and it's so grey out I slept until noon. Don't get me wrong, I love the rain, I just really need to be more productive right now.

I have so many ideas for my installation class I don't know what to actually put together, I have to get the colony/entity project finished asap. I'd like to start working on synapse; a sound/fibre installation that involves the human mind bridging the figuraive "synaptic gap" between the sounds and the spun sculpture. Also scrying bowl; my attempt to create sound controled faraday patterns on the surface of water in a large bowl by surrounded with speakers. These are very brief explanations, of course, I just don't feel like getting into the whole artist statement/proposal thing right now.

Here are some of the interesting spots I checked out at nscad for installtions, I don't really know if any of these spots will work for what I'm doing, but exploring is always fun.

Through the black window, under the deck:



You can hear people walking above you, it's unusually warm and light streams down from between the boards above you:



Hallways:



The inaccessable room:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home