Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Art Slides


Check out Carsten Hollers Giant Slides!
These slides measure 55.5 meters and drop 26.5m. Holler believes that our lives would be transformed if we used slides as a mode of transportation from point a to b, even if only once a day. He has also said that the play ground experience is underrated. I have to agree.
I would love to see this piece, and of course slide in it.

The idea of a pleasant fear, which is really what a thrill is, is fascinating to me. We're not talking scary movie kind of thing, but something real and felt with intensity. I would definitely agree would make me feel like a stronger individual, mentally at least. I really dig art that inspires strength, there is quiet a bit around right now that leaves you feeling weak.
What would you rather have a hand in?

(photo care of Ananova)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home