Friday, July 13, 2007

Necklaces Galore

Moss Agate, metal, glass, stone and wood:
This is a work in progress, I still plan on adding another strand of beads to this necklace. I've also reserved some beads for earrings. The stones are moss agate, and as per usual there is a mix of stone, metal, wood and glass beads. I like to use a variety of materials. I feel like having a touch of each makes the whole piece more textured and balanced. The idea of balancing one material against another may be all in my head, but it works for me. I guess it's similar to the idea of elements in the Chinease philosophy of Wu Xing; metal, earth, wood, fire and water, which aren't really "elements" at all. Regardless, I am possitive these types of matter really do have fascinating untold stories.
Sand morphed by fire into glass,
wood once alive and growing,
stones and metal ancient records of mountains and layers of life past, formed by heat and enormous pressure.

Little bits of things in slow flux on a string.

The fabric is handwoven alpaca lace on a tweed warp. I wove this a little while ago.


Necklace for Joy-loi: (she send me chocolate to soothe my broken heart)

Glass, wood, faceted bead, shells, small moss agate chips. This is on silk I dyed with Kamala, a natural dye.

Yellow jade, wood, metal, large gold glass beads, shell

Double strands in rich earth and amber tones.


Adventurine, shell, glass, faceted beads, duet clasps


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home