Friday, July 06, 2007

Longing

I had a day off yesterday, and luckily it poured. I had the laziest and most euphoric day doing little things and visiting friends in between my time alone. I've been really busy lately and I've been in need of a little solitude. It was a grey day, (secretly my favorite kind).

I got up late, and in the afternoon I took a bath and washed my hair with buckwheat honey, cocoa butter, cocoa, cinnamon and ginger (it was fantastic). My hair loves that kind of thing, and I've stopped using anything with plastics and potentially carcinogenic chemicals on it. I am so happy that I "swiched" that I would recommend this to anyone. You can get cocoa butter at most health food stores. It melts easily, all you need to do warm it and add a little to your honey mixture. My hair is red and curly so it is happy with quite a bit, but I'm sure if you have straight hair you wouldn't need nearly as much. Also, rinse really well.

I prepared myself for the rainy outdoor world. I found my spring jacket and dug my grandmothers felt boots out of the a box in the bottom of the closet. I spent the rest of the aftenoon promenadeing around in the rain. It was lovely.

I was happy to be alone and longing, surrounded by beauty and singing skys. I sighed with the trees in the wind, their branches heavy wet bent low around me. My hair crawled around the inside my umbrella. I laughed as the gail pulled it out of my hands at the top of the citadel hill. I waded along paths transformed into streams and chains of puddles. The scent of mid-summer held close to the earth and clung to everything. I took off my boots and walked barefoot for a while, then surrendered to the storm completely, put down my umbrella and stared up into the sky.

oh, and I smelled roses. I put a petal in my pocket, (which I found this morning on my way to work=).

I made it finally to Joshes house, I was a lot later than expected. Josh, Dan and I had a smoke and I ate a piece of lemon chiffon cake. I lay on the floor exausted. It was wonderful.

When Angela got back from work we made vegan pannacotta with mangoes. We got drunk on pinot.

What a wonderful night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home